Floor Comfort LVT FAQs
1. Under what types of floors can the product be installed?
A. Floor Comfort LVT is designed for use under Luxury Vinyl Plank (LVP), Luxury Vinyl Tile (LVT) and WPC floating planks over 3.2mm thick. It can also be used for Laminate.
2. Can it be nailed through or glued down?
A. No, it cannot be nailed through or glued down.
3. Do you have to acclimate the Floor Comfort LVT Underlayment to the room for 48 hours like the flooring?
A. No, the Floor Comfort LVT Underlayment does not have to be acclimated.
4. Do you need to have a space/gap between the underlayment and the base board or walls?
A. This is referred to as an “expansion gap.” No, space/gap is not needed between the underlayment.
5. Do the open and end seams need to be taped when installed on cement?
A. Yes, the open and end seams should be taped, especially when moisture vapor is a concern.
6. Do you have to tape the perimeter of the room?
A. No, the perimeter of the room does not need to be taped. But you should follow your flooring manufacturer’s instructions.
7. Does it matter which way the boards go over the Floor Comfort LVT Underlayment?
A. No, it does not matter which way the boards go over the underlayment. Please follow flooring manufacturer’s installation instructions carefully when installing any flooring.
8. Will dents from walking on it affect the product or void the warranty?
A. No, dents and footprints will not void the warranty or affect product performance.
9. Will tears or punctures in the product affect the product’s performance or void the warranty?
A. Yes, you must tape over all tears and punctures when installed over concrete floors. Ensure they are sealed with Floor Comfort Underlayment Tape.
10. Does the product have moisture barrier?
A. The Moisture Vapor Transmission Rate is .01 lb/24 hr/1000 sq. ft. which is the best in the industry.
11. Does the purple side go up or down?
A. The film/purple side goes up.
12. Can the product be used on cement, wood, plywood and Gyp-Crete® subfloors?
A. Yes, they can be used on cement, concrete, wood, plywood and Gyp-Crete® subfloors.
13. Can the product be used on suspected moisture problem floors?
A. The Floor Comfort LVT Underlayment is not recommended to be used on moisture problem floors where a calcium chloride test shows moisture greater than 5 lbs. /1000 sq. ft. /24 hours.
14. What is the R Value?
A. The R Value is .39 (6.6/inch.)
15. Can your product be used for radiant flooring systems?
A. Yes, the Floor Comfort LVT Underlayment can be used under radiant floors.
16. Is it good for sound and will it improve the sound quality in the room?
A. Yes, it is excellent for sound.
17. Will it help stop sound transmission from the above floor to lower?
A. Yes, it will greatly reduce sound transmission to the room below. The IIC (Impact Insulation Class) rating is 72. The STC (Sound Transmission Class) rating is 66.
18. How many square feet in a box?
A. There is 100 square feet in a box; one 3.85′ x 26’ piece lays flat.
19. What is the thickness of the product?
A. The product thickness is 1.5mm.
20. Where is Floor Comfort LVT Underlayment manufactured?
A. Floor Comfort LVT Underlayment is proudly manufactured in Suwanee, Georgia USA.